The last few months have been…weird!
When we were saying Happy New Year, welcome to a new decade, who predicted this was what was in store?
One of the hardest things for me has been not being able to see family, not being able to hug friends and family. If someone is walking towards me, will I ever stop doing a sideway shuffle to move away from them?
Although the HR side of my business was busy to start with, this has now settled down. One thing I have found is that people aren’t as confident as they were – whether this is confidence about going to work, confidence about doing their job or confidence about going out, its taken a hit. With so much negative news around, its easy to start sliding – but the news isn’t all bad.
Below are my recommended steps to help you find confidence and start to sparkle again!
1. Turn the news off. Stop all ‘breaking news’ notifications
2. Start a gratitude journal. Write 3 things you are grateful for each day. They could be small things – today i was grateful that there was just enough marmite in the jar to satisfy my need for marmite on toast. (Its the hottest day of the year, so not sure why i needed that)
3. Set yourself a few things to achieve each day, this could be a walk, tidying somewhere, sorting out your emails. It must be achievable though!
4. Be kind to yourself. If you don’t feel so great today, thats fine. Its ok, to not be ok. Nurture yourself, it will pass.
5. This whole situation is new. There is no rule book. Follow the guidance, be kind to yourself. Lets survive this together.
If you would like support to find your sparkle, get in touch about some coaching sessions.